A team of global economists conduct proprietary research on economic developments, monetary policies, and market trends to support our investment process.
GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC COVERAGE
Expert Macro Assessments
Every day, PGIM Fixed Income's economists assess macro fundamentals and risks, across multiple categories of fixed income market impactors, including:
Growth and inflation dynamics
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
- Gross National Income (GNI)
- Consumer Price Index (CPI)
Relating to populations and/or particular groups within them and their respective impacts on country-specific and global macroeconomics.
Global savings and investment backdrop
- Current account balances
- Direct investment (FDI)
- Portfolio investments
Potential global systemic risks
Across a broad range of categories, including but not limited to:
- natural disasters
- weather events
- changes in interest rates
- Central bank frameworks and reaction functions
- Fiscal policy trends
- Regulatory policy developments
Domestic and internal imbalances
- Credit growth and debt level metrics (e.g., households, corporates, the financial sector, government/sovereign credit risk, etc.)
- Sectoral imbalances (e.g., households)
- Current account balance of payments
- Foreign portfolio investment flows and foreign direct investment flows
No risk management technique can guarantee the mitigation or elimination of risk in any market environment.
Source: PGIM Fixed Income. As of October 2022.