Data as of 09/30/2021 unless otherwise noted.
Assets under management (AuM) are based on company estimates and are subject to change.
- For professional and institutional investors only. Past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future results. All investments involve risk, including the possible loss of capital.
Benchmarked AUM as of September 30, 2021. Represents PGIM public businesses’ (PGIM Quantitative Solutions, Jennison Associates, PGIM Fixed Income and PGIM Real Estate publicly traded REITS) compositive level, benchmarked AUM as of 9/30/2021. 81% of the PGIM’s Public AUM is Benchmarked. This calculation does not include non-benchmarked public assets, including general account assets and assets not managed by PGIM (AUA in PGIM Quantitative Solutions), as well as assets that are not managed within an investment composite (examples include futures and overlay strategies). PGIM’s public benchmarked AUM represents 55% and/or $825.7B of PGIM’s total AUM (private and public assets) as of 9/30/2021.
Performance is defined as outperformance (net of fees) of all PGIM public businesses benchmarked assets relative to each individual strategy’s respective benchmark(s). Net performance reflects the deduction of investment advisory fees and other expenses incurred in the management of advisory accounts. Performance fees vary across the PGIM businesses and reduce an investor’s net return reflecting a deduction of a model fee, which reflects the highest tier in the standard asset-based fee schedule, in effect for that respective period, and is net of transaction costs.
- PGIM is the investment management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (PFI); PFI is the 10th largest investment manager (out of 477 firms surveyed) in terms of global assets under management based on Pensions & Investments’ Top Money Managers list published on 5/31/2021. This ranking represents global assets under management by PFI as of 12/31/2020.
- Alternative AUM includes hedge funds, private credit, real estate and infrastructure strategies. PGIM’s real estate strategies are captured under Alternatives and Real Estate. Totals may not sum due to double counting.
- AUM total includes equity $172 billion, fixed income $68 billion, and private credit and other alternatives $471 million.
- AUM total includes $26 billion in assets managed by PGIM Fixed Income for affiliated businesses, $108 billion in PGIM Japan assets, and $143 million of which is sub-advised by PGIM Private Capital.
- AUM total is reflected as gross and includes assets under administration. Net AUM is $134 billion and AUA is $45 billion.
- AUM total includes: assets managed by PGIM Quantitative Solutions and PGIM Wadhwani LLP (PGIMW), $74 billion in directly managed mandates, $40 billion of institutional and retail assets managed by various affiliated and third-party managers.
- Sub-advised by other PGIM business units and included in their totals.
- AUM total represents total combined assets of the PGIM Global Partners businesses, including $21 billion from joint ventures in which PFI does not have a controlling interest, and therefore does not correspond to assets under management and administration as reported by PFI. AUM also includes $0.6 billion in assets sub-advised by other PGIM units and included in their totals.
- Based on PGIM client list as of 09/30/2021 compared to U.S. Plan Sponsor rankings in Pensions & Investments as of 09/30/2019, published 02/2021.
- Based on PGIM client list as of 09/30/2021 compared to P&I/Towers Watson Top 300 Pension Funds ranking, data as of 12/31/2020, published 09/2021.
- Data as of December 31, 2020. Ethnic diversity information represents employees identifying as American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian/Pacific Islander, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, and/or two or more races. All gender information is global.
- PGIM is the investment management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (PFI); PFI is the 4th largest investment manager (out of 477 firms surveyed) in terms of U.S. ESG mandates under management based on Pensions & Investments’ Top Money Managers list published on 5/31/2021. This ranking represents U.S. ESG mandates under management by PFI as of 12/31/2020.
- PGIM is is the 3rd best place to work in money management based on Pensions & Investments’ Best Places to Work in Money Management list published on 12/14/2020. To learn more about the ranking and P&I's award methodology, click here.