Green Building Certifications & Ratings
Global building certifications of our equity investments are important indicators of high building performance.
In 2020, we continued to raise the bar in number of certifications, area and value, and earned a leading recognition in building health.
We’re pleased to share the green building certifications and energy ratings performance of our offices and equity real estate investments.
Resource Reduction in Practice
Investments in affordable housing and sustainability projects help demonstrate PGIM Real Estate’s strong commitment to community and environmental sustainability.
In December 2020, PGIM Real Estate launched its UK affordable housing strategy, focusing on investing in and developing affordable homes for working people and families across the UK.
Derwent House, a Grade A high performance office space located in Sheffield’s city center is both an appealing office environment and a strong performer in the BREEAM In-Use Certification.
Read about UK’s efforts to respond to the decades old supply-and-demand imbalance in the affordable-housing market, and achieve their corporate sustainability target.
To operate our business sustainably on a day-to-day basis, we work with our key stakeholders - from employees to vendors - to implement environmental policies and guidelines, including:
- Reducing our energy and water consumption
- Maintaining a comprehensive recycling program
Stress-Testing For Resiliency
We anticipate and manage future risks and opportunities through our extensive environmental risk management practices. Our robust stress-testing includes:
- Climate change preparedness & adaptation
- Natural hazards
- Water or energy supply constraints
- Biodiversity threats
- Socioeconomic & transportation risks
- 278 MSFOwned Properties Tracked in our Environmental Dashboard
- 52.3 MSFGreen-Building Certified Properties
- -11.4%Total GHG Emissions Cumulative Reduction Since 2017
* All data points as of December 2020. Data points represent PGIM Real Estate's global equity portfolios. Performance is calculated on a like-for-like basis for properties fully owned and operational for the 24-month year-over-year period with less than 25% variation.