Resource Reduction in Practice
In 2019, the Energy Efficiency Index increased from 10.73 kwh/m2 per month to 11.38 73 kwh/ m2 per month due to sustained efforts to improve equipment efficiency through replacement of air handling units (AHUs) and fan coil units (FCUs), LED light fittings, as well as energy performance contracting at three shopping center properties in Singapore.
In 2019, PGIM Real Estate was chosen by the Mexican Association for Industrial Parks (AMPIP), the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) and the World Resources Institute (WRI) to participate in a solar renewable energy study. We sought renewable energy opportunities within this new regulatory and commercial framework.
To operate our business sustainably on a day-to-day basis, we work with our key stakeholders - from employees to vendors - to implement environmental policies and guidelines, including:
- Reducing our energy and water consumption
- Maintaining a comprehensive recycling program
Stress-Testing For Resiliency
We anticipate and manage future risks and opportunities through our extensive environmental risk management practices. Our robust stress-testing includes:
- Climate change preparedness & adaptation
- Natural hazards
- Water or energy supply constraints
- Biodiversity threats
- Socioeconomic & transportation risks
- 65GRESB Green Stars
- #1 Ranking2019 GRESB Resilience Module Around the Globe
- 100%LEED Certified Offices in North America