PGIM Fixed Income’s Core Fixed Income Strategy is an actively-managed, multi-sector investment grade fixed income strategy that typically seeks +60 bps annualized over the Bloomberg Barclays U.S. Aggregate Bond Index or similar broad market benchmark over a full market cycle.1,2
1 There is no guarantee that these objectives will be met.
2 On average, over a full market cycle defined as three to five years.
PGIM Fixed Income employs a disciplined, three-step investment process to manage Core Portfolios:
Senior investment team assesses global market environment:
- Economic research
- Sector analysis
Senior portfolio managers construct portfolio with sector specialists and analysts
- Establish risk targets within client's risk budget
- Capture thresholds for systematic and idiosyncratic risks
- Determine risk, sector, and term structure positioning
- Incorporate themes given current market dynamics
- Ideas from sector specialists are emphasized
- Sector specialists and research analysts aligned by industry determine individual securities
- Research-based approach
Senior portfolio managers and risk managers oversee risk positions