NEW YORK, The Defined Contribution Real Estate Council (DCREC), a leading advocacy group promoting the inclusion of direct commercial real estate and real estate securities as a way to improve define contribution retirement plan outcomes, has named its new Officers and Committee Co-Chairs for 2020, it was announced today.
The new officer appointments are as follows:
• Sara Shean, Executive Director at PGIM Real Estate, co-president along with
Michael O’Connor, Managing Director at Clarion Partners;
• Ian Matthew, Senior Director, TIAA, co-secretary along with Lennine Occhino, Partner at Mayer
• Jodi Fiser, Senior Vice President at LaSalle Investment Management, co- Treasurer, along with
Anne-Marie Vandenberg, President and Chief Operating Officer at RREEF Property Trust.
The following were named Committee Co-Chairs:
• Best Practices: Rob Palmeri, Executive Director, UBS Asset Management, serving with Tim Bolla,
Vice President Portfolio Management at BentallGreenOak;
• Marketing & Industry Awareness: Howard Margolis, Managing Director, at Clarion Partners, with
Kevin Ryan, Managing Director, at Manulife/John Hancock;
• Research & Content: Jay Morgan, Managing Director, StepStone, and Brian Lambert, Vice
President at AEW Capital Management; and,
• Strategic Alliance: Jennifer Perkins, Senior Director, DC Real Estate Solutions at Principal
Real Estate Investors, serving with Rob Collins, Managing Director at Partners Group.
In addition, DCREC announced the formation of two new committees:
• Legal & Regulatory: Jim Gehring, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw, chairman
• Finance & Valuation: Mackenzie Clouse, Vice President at Situs RERC, and Amy White, Senior
Director at Invesco, co-chairs.
Officer appointments are for a period of two years and committee leadership appointments are for a
period of one year. All are effective January 1, 2020.
“I congratulate our new officers and co-chairs on their recent appointment to DCREC’s leadership
team,” said Co-President O’Connor. “In the past year, we continue to add new DCREC member firms,
which I believe is a large part due to our culture of learning and collaboration, as well as the
growth of interest in the Defined Contribution market. Looking ahead, we expect to see more real
estate investment options being made available to DC plans and their participants.”
About the Defined Contribution Real Estate Council (DCREC)
The Defined Contribution Real Estate Council was formed in 2012 to promote the inclusion of
investments in direct commercial real estate and real estate securities, including REITs, within
defined contribution plans. Its goal is to improve participant outcomes by furthering education
about, advocacy for, and best practices of such investments.
Members include many of the leading providers of real estate investment products to the defined
More information can found be at www.dcrec.org